Scam Prevention Security Procedures
- Be suspicious of any offer made by telephone, on a web site or in an e-mail that seems too good to be true.
- Before responding to a telephone, mail or Internet offer, determine if the person or business making the offer is legitimate.
- Do not respond to an unsolicited e-mail that promises some benefit but requests personal identifying information.
- Beware of ‘work from home’ schemes that are offered on career websites. If they are asking you to open accounts or move money for the company, this is most likely a scam.
- You are responsible and liable for items you cash, borrow or deposit into your account; whether they are a check money order, cashier’s check, loan proceeds, etc.
error: Content is protected !!