Thank you to Kristin Larson from the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin(ADAW) for speaking to our staff this morning. After learning more about better serving customers with Dementia, we’re officially a Dementia Friendly Business.
To be certified, Capitol Bank had to meet the following criteria
- Complete DFC training for management and 50% of their front-line employees
- Designate a team leader to be liaison between their organization and the DFC task force
- Be open to discussions regarding environment changes (e.g. lighting, signage, layout, etc.)
- Be willing to share DFC training materials with any new hires and all employees that did not attend training
- Undergo an on-site visit/follow-up training on an annual basis to re-certify its dementia friendly status
For more information on the ADAW and resources on dealing with Dementia, visit the ADAW website.