JOB TITLE: CREDIT ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Lending
Job Description Summary
The credit analyst will assist in the underwriting process for business loans, and will work with Lenders to analyze financial statements, prepare credit presentations and provide loan operations with the necessary information to prepare loan documents.
Other duties include: Review and evaluate business loan requests. Prepare detailed credit presentations for loan committees, assist lenders with various duties, support Loan Operations in ensuring lending policies are followed on an ongoing basis, assist with the internal loan review process, and work on various reports. The Intern may service and maintain loan portfolio stress testing database, coordinate the Bank's loan analysis software program, which includes but is not limited to program updates, training, review of service contracts and file data deletion.
The employee in this position will be a participant in loan review committee and other committees as assigned, provide administrative support, and perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Graduating in 2014 with a Bachelor's degree in finance, business, accounting or economics
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience and Banking experience would be helpful
- Solid analytical skills, and strong organizational (multi-tasking) skills are a must
- Detail oriented with effective written and verbal communication skills a must
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Familiarity with accounting principles a must
- Familiarity with banking laws, regulations, policies and practices would be helpful
- Ability to articulate in front of others and strong interpersonal skills necessary to the position
JOB TITLE: V.P. COMMERCIAL LENDING
Job Description Summary
We are searching for a Vice President to join our Commercial Lending Team. The Commercial Lender / Vice President is responsible for managing an assigned loan portfolio which will include analyzing and assessing the credit worthiness of existing loans, underwriting new loan requests and cross selling additional bank products and services in order to enhance the satisfaction level as well as the profitability of each relationship. The Commercial Lender / Vice President will work closely with the Loan Operations Department as well as the Credit Analyst in performing their assigned duties and will be responsible for following the bank’s loan policies to ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations as well as the completeness of all loan files. The delivery of exceptional quality customer service will be their constant goal. In addition, the Commercial Lender / Vice President will engage in business development efforts, meeting with potential customers and assessing their financial needs.
- Assist in the initial assignment of loan grades for commercial lending relationships and ensure that any significant changes in a client’s financial situation are recognized and that the appropriate change in loan grade, if necessary, is made. Take all actions necessary to minimize the banks exposure to potential losses now and in the future.
- Take the necessary action to bring all past due accounts current and assist in obtaining all necessary documentation, including financial statements, for loan files.
- Establish and negotiate where necessary, the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Work closely with the Loan Operations Department to coordinate loan closings by ordering loan documents, ensuring that supporting data is on hand and being responsible for the completeness of all loan files.
- Work closely with the Credit Analyst to prepare necessary reports and write-ups for Officers Loan Committee, Board Meetings and Bank Management.
- Maintain professional and community relations to increase the Bank’s visibility.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting or economics preferred with 4 to 6 years of commercial lending experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Must have solid analytical skills, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be detail oriented with effective written and verbal communication skills. Need to be familiar with accounting principles and commercial loan documentation. Being familiar with banking laws, regulations, policies and practices would be helpful.
When a position is available apply by choosing from the following options:
Email a resume and cover letter (Microsoft Word documents preferred) to Human Resources.
Notice: Email is NOT a secure form of communication; therefore, NEVER send any personal information (such as your social security number) to Capitol Bank or anyone else in an email message.
Print out and send our Employment Application, with a cover letter, to the address below.
Attn: Pam Fisher, Human Resources
710 N. High Point Road
Madison, WI 53717
- Stop in at our Madison or Verona location to pick up and/or drop off an employment application.
Capitol Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.